Seian trained in Hypnotherapy, Neuro Linguistic Psychology and Strategic Psychotherapy (referred to elsewhere as ISPA or The International Association of Strategic Psychotherapy) at the Institute for Applied Psychology (Previously The Australian Institute for Clinical Hypnotherapy). This is the bare minimum training for any competent hypnotherapist.
However, he has also trained with the following international organisations which makes the expertise he brings to each client session well beyond anything else in Sydney:-
- Rapid Resolution Therapy (Florida) – RRT is beyond anything taught at this stage in Australia. It utilizes innovative concepts, multi-level communication and specialized tools to resolve emotional disturbance and maladaptive behaviour. RRT changes how the unconscious mind processes information so that improvements are natural. Seian has trained with Dr Jon Connelly for well over 200 hours. He is still currently mentored by Dr Connelly today and is the only listed practitioner in Australia on the RRT Website.
- Generative Trance (California) – Seian has trained face-to-facewith Dr Stephen Gilligan (International Association of Generative Change) in Gernerative Trance. Stephen is author of many books in the field and was one of the few students of the late Dr Milton Erickson, (arguably the greatest ever psychiatrist, therapist and hypnotherapist).
- Integrative Hypnosis (New York) – Seian has trained face-to-face with (and is friends with) one of the United States most sort after experts in the field, Melissa Tiers (The Center for Integrative Hypnosis). Melissa has authored many books on Integrative Hypnosis, Keeping The Brain in Mind (Neuroscience and Hypnotic work), Hypnosis for Kids – all of which have won prestigious awards.
- Mirroring hands – Seian is the only practitioner in Australia holding an Advanced Certificate in Mirroring Hands, the life-long work of the world esteemed jungian therapist, Dr Ernest Rossi. Seian was trained and mentored for 2 years by the book’s co-author, Richard Hill, who is also the Managing Editor of the publication, ‘The Science of Psychotherapy’.
- Ericksonian Solution Focussed Therapy – Seian was also mentored for 2 years by another of Milton Erickson’s students, Dr Rob McNeilly. Dr McNeilly has authored numerous books and teaches Ericksonian Hypnosis and the Solution Oriented Approach around the world.
(We encourage you to read our genuine Google Reviews as well)
With our ‘4+ Package’, cost works out to Aprrox. $105 per hour. Even if you choose to Pay-As-You-Go the cost per hour works out at, less than $130 per hour over 4 sessions.
. . .and don’t forget that the 1st 20 Minutes of your initial consultation are OBLIGATION FREE! If after that time you decide Hypnotherapy is not for you, we refund your deposit*. Absolutely RISK FREE!
There are 4 packages for you to choose from:
1. Pay As You Go – Your first appointment is $240 and will be Approx. 2 Hours. Follow up sessions are $195 each & will last between 1 – 1.5 Hours. Each session will include your personalised audio recording (if appropriate) for you to continue to use between sessions and afterwards.
2. The QH Quit Smoking 1 + 2 Package – The package is $445. Your appointment will last around 3 hours. You will receive 10 “Stay Smoke Free” Hypnosis Audios to use at home to cement in your return to being a non-smoker.
If for any reason you need more than one session, the package includes 2 extra 1 hour sessions that can be used within 6 months. Of course, these can only be used for you and for the issue of quitting smoking.
3. The 4 PLUS Package – This is our MOST POPULAR one. (SAVE $145)
The package is $680 and is for 4 sessions which will generally amount to well over 6 hours.
Your first session will last between 1.5 and 2 hours and follow up sessions will be 1-1.5 hours.
You will receive a personalised audio recording of part of your session to use at home (if appropriate) for you to use between appointments, and afterwards, to bed down the changes and keep you progressing.
Most issues take between 4 – 8 Sessions depending on the complexity and how quickly you respond. (*The package is valid for 6 Months from date of purchase.)
4. Coaching The Unconscious Mind 12 Pack “To Keep You On Track!” – NEW by Demand! (SAVE $465)
We’ve been asked for this so much, we just gave in! 🙂 This is for those that really want to heap more and more benefits on top. There are 2 parts and it’s all about. . .
COACHING THE UNCONSCIOUS MIND
1. Coach the Unconscious Mind 1: We coach the unconscious mind to release any areas blocking your growth or pursuit of your goals and then fine-tune your focus and progress towards your goals and aspirations, whether they be personal or business, in the arts or sport. OR
2. Coaching the Unconscious Mind 2: After you’ve achieved your initial therapy goal, (Anxiety, Weight Management, Depression, Grief, Habits, Goal Achieving, Relationships, Trauma, Medical Issues, Compulsions, Loss, Anger, Guilt, Confidence & Self Esteem), we schedule the remaining sessions to coach you toward your goals and aspirations or, just to keep you on track.
The package is $1920 and is for 12 sessions which will generally amount to over 18 hours. Approx. $100/Hr
Your first session will last between Approx. 2 hours and follow up sessions will be approx. 1.5 hours.
You will receive a USB with a recording of each of your sessions (if appropriate), for you to use between appointments and afterwards to bed down the changes and keep you progressing. (*The Package is valid for 12 months from date of purchase and is NOT transferable to others.)
IMPORTANT: SESSIONS AND PACKAGES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
So how does all that compare? It’s worth noting that Seian’s colleagues he trained with who operate in the CBD charge up to $330 per hour (Yes! Per hour, not even per session), so it’s definitely in your interest to go local and invest in yourself with Quantum Hypnotherapy at Caringbah!
The first 20 minutes of your initial consultation are obligation free. This means that if after 20 minutes you or your therapist think it best not to proceed, you finish up then and there, no charge. We refund your deposit no questions asked. Otherwise the session will continue for the full duration.
YES!!! As a registered AHA member, Quantum Hypnotherapy is Health Fund approved. Of course, rebates are dependant upon your individual health fund’s policy on hypnotherapy and the level of cover you have chosen. You will need to check this with your own health fund. If requested, we can provide you with a receipt and a provider number or AHA member number (as different funds have different requirements), so you can claim directly with your health fund. Below is the list of Health Fund providers that provide cover as of 2017 (conditions may have changed in the interim and some funds only cover certain things). If your fund isn’t there, why not contact them and let them know that as a member you want your hypnotherapy covered? You can use a form letter by clicking here.
AHM (Australian Health Management) Quit Smoking Only
Australian Unity – (Since mid 2018, AU only pay rebates on policies held prior to 2018 which covered hypnotherapy.)
CBHS Health Fund
CUA Health Fund
Grand United Health
HBF (WA)(owned by BUPA)
Health Care Insurance Limited
Medibank Private – (Hypnotherapy rebates are only available to Medibank Private Members that were members prior to April 2011 and opted for package bonus.)
Navy Health Fund
NRMA Health Insurances (East Coast & Tasmania)
Phoenix Health Fund
Queensland Country Health
rt Health (formerly Railway and Transport Health Fund Ltd)
Reserve Bank Health Society
Teachers Federation Health
SGIC Health Insurance (SA and NT)
SGIO Health Insurance (WA)
Hypnotherapy is a much faster form of therapy than many others, however, how many sessions varies. It depends on the complexity of the issue(s) involved, how quickly you are able to take on things and whether you engage with the tasking in between sessions. Having said that, each issue generally takes between 4 – 8 sessions. But again, this is just a guide. Your hypnotherapist can give you a clearer idea during your first session.
Yes! Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy is a completely natural, gentle, and drug-free modality. As trance is a common state of focussed absorption that we enter into every day when we watch a movie, read a book or drive somewhere and forget the actual trip, it is very safe. If you are concerned at all, feel free to voice your concerns to your QH therapist. They can start with a simple, open-eye mini-trance called Foveal Trance for you to ‘taste-test’.
Yes. As well as working at a local family practice in Caringbah with a GP for 5 years, Quantum Hypnotherapy receive referrals from GPs throughout the Sutherland Shire and give have given presentations to groups of GPs such as Burraneer Family Practice.
To date, hypnotherapy like a number of other therapies, is not a regulated industry. The problem for the consumer is that they generally don’t know if they’re seeing someone who is properly trained, or someone that has been to a two-weekend course or even received a diploma online. Hence, how important it is to ensure your hypnotherapist has at the very least an Australian Government accredited qualification.
Seian holds an Australian government recognised diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and Strategic Psychotherapy (10450NAT)
BUT… that is the bare minimum for any competent hypnotherapist!
He has also trained with:
- Dr Jon Connelly in Rapid Resolution Therapy,
- The New York Center for Integrative Hypnosis,
- The International Association for Generative Change,
- The Institute Of Human Technology (Now “Institute of Applied Psychology”),
- Uncommon Practitioners (UK),
Other Certificates as:
- Integrative Coach
- NLP Practitioner
- Time Based Therapy Practitioner
- General Hypnosis practitioner.
- Advanced Certificate Mirroring hands
And trained in counselling for a year with the Anglican Counselling Centre, Sydney.
You can book online by selecting Book An Appointment in the main menu or by clicking the button on the home page, Book A Session.
Once you receive an email confirming your appointment, you just need to go to the link provided in the email to fill out some details and submit asap prior to your session. This will mean that we won’t be losing time while you fill out the form during your session.
All appointment changes and any cancellations must be made by phone a minimum 24 hours prior appointment. See: What is Your Cancellation or Change of Appointment Policy? in FAQ below.
Deposit for initial appointment
Deposit of $45 – $50 via online booking is refundable for cancellations or changed times up to 24 hours before appointment starting time. After 24 Hour mark this is non-refundable for changes, cancellations & no-shows and you will need to book afresh online.
Pre-paid packaged appointment
Cancellation or Change of appointments can be made via your confirmation email/text from the 10to8 booking system up to 24 hours before scheduled appointment. After 24 Hr cut-off 1 session of package will be forfeited.
This is due to it being too late to fill your appointment time with another client.
Main Clinic: Quantum Hypnotherapy
168 Caringbah Road,
(Opp High Street)
Mon -Tues 9am – 5pm
Thurs 9am – 8pm
(Outside these times by special appointment)
“One of the interesting ironies about hypnosis is that old fantasy that it takes away control,” says Dr. David Spiegel, Professor and Associate Chair of Psychiatry at Stanford University School of Medicine. “It’s actually a way of enhancing people’s control, of teaching them how to control aspects of their body’s function and sensation that they thought they couldn’t,” concludes Spiegel, as quoted by Newsweek.
Many people still associate hypnosis and hypnotherapy with losing control and making a fool of yourself. The misconception has evolved through the use of hypnosis for entertainment purposes, a term we call ‘stage hypnosis’.
Stage hypnosis uses volunteers who are very eager to be hypnotised. These are usually people who crave attention and do this by letting go with the excuse of being under hypnosis. The reason stage hypnosis can create a magical illusion of power is usually down to the hypnotist’s abilities to put on a show. In reality, control remains with the person being hypnotised and they can choose to stop participating and come back to full awareness any time they choose.
For hypnotherapy to be successful, it requires cooperation and openess on your part. Again, it is important to understand that you are in no way altered or controlled during hypnosis. You remain 100% yourself throughout the whole process – your morals, beliefs, experiences and judgements remain completely in-tact from beginning to end.
The hypnotherapy experience is slightly different for each individual. The most common feedback we receive post-hypnosis is that clients feel at peace, positive, empowered, determined, motivated and relaxed at the end of the session.
If you are willing to be hypnotised, then it is very likely that you can be. The reality is, we can experience the natural state of trance in everyday activities such as watching TV, reading or drifting off when driving.
Research has suggested that approximately 5-10% of people have an incredible capacity to be hypnotised. An additional 5-10% find hypnosis difficult. The remaining 80-90% can enjoy hypnosis and can enter the state of hypnosis with relative ease, when facilitated by a trained Clinical Hypnotherapist. Therefore, the chances of hypnotherapy working for you are very heavily in your favour. Even those deemed in that bottom 5-10% categorised as low-hypnotisable can learn to excel after only one or two sessions.
It is illegal under Australian Law to make any such guarantee. A consumer should be careful if an individual or company make any such claim. At Quantum Hypnotherapy what we can guarantee is that if you are committed to giving up, we’ll give you our all to facilitate your change in becoming a non-smoker. Of course, you are always in control of your decisions. If you decide to continue smoking, no one is going to take that right away from you. Hypnosis is not mind control, despite some of the TV shows. We will give you all the tools for you to let go of the habit and smoothly manage any residual cravings. However, ultimately, the decision to remain smoke-free will always be yours.
Yes and No.
There are some similarities between hypnosis, hypnotherapy and meditation. Both practices involve a natural state of focus and absorption, and most often lead to a deep sense of relaxation and a clearer mind.
Strategic hypnotherapy however, puts this natural state to good use, by using it to resolve personal issues and problems. Quite often we will suggest mindfulness or meditation to clients with stress, so that they can enjoy ongoing relaxation and mental wellbeing once their course of hypnotherapy has been completed.
That’s the beauty of your first FREE 20 MINUTES at the beginning of the first consultation. We can talk about any lingering questions you have and if you still feel that hypnotherapy is not for you, then we can finish up there and you won’t spend a cent.
I've Tried Therapy Before. How Will This Be Different? Please refer to the first FAQ question: What makes you different to other Hypnotherapy Practices? Booking deposit is refundable if cancellation is made by phone a minimum of 24 hours prior to appointment. After this, deposit is forfeited and a new booking will need to be made via the website. If for any reason a pre-paid package is not fully utilised, then any unused sessions may be refunded only within 180 days of payment* & will take into account any transaction fees incurred as well as the initial session accounting for $240 of the package and subsequent used sessions $195 each. Again, any session cancellation must be made a minimum 24 hours prior to the appointment time by phone or the session and appropriate credit for it will be forfeited. IMPORTANT: SESSIONS AND PACKAGES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
*The 12 Session Coach Pack is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Please refer to the first FAQ question: What makes you different to other Hypnotherapy Practices?
Booking deposit is refundable if cancellation is made by phone a minimum of 24 hours prior to appointment. After this, deposit is forfeited and a new booking will need to be made via the website.
If for any reason a pre-paid package is not fully utilised, then any unused sessions may be refunded only within 180 days of payment* & will take into account any transaction fees incurred as well as the initial session accounting for $240 of the package and subsequent used sessions $195 each. Again, any session cancellation must be made a minimum 24 hours prior to the appointment time by phone or the session and appropriate credit for it will be forfeited.
IMPORTANT: SESSIONS AND PACKAGES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
Yes, of course. Please feel free to call or email Quantum Hypnotherapy if you have any queries or would like to see if your situation is something that we can help with. We look forward to hearing from you.